Adventures in Addis

In August 2006 I began my adventure to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa. I was offered a position as the Director of Band and Choir for 5-12th grade students at the International Community School of Addis Ababa. Thought it might be a good idea to record my experiences here. I would not have done this journal without a tremendously great friend that I love dearly offering me the idea. Thanks Sadina. I hope you enjoy the journal. -Chris

My Photo
Name:
Location: Addis Ababa, Africa, Ethiopia

I am a professional percussionist and music educator. I started my performance career in 2000 and my education career in 2002. I am a pretty laid back guy. I work too much. Sometimes I get carried away with how much time I spend at work. But, I do enjoy myself every chance I get.

Friday, August 11, 2006

My New House!!!!!






This is my new place. Its huge. When I first arrived they had turned all the lights on, left fruit on the table, all beds were made, and they even prepared a meal for me in the refridgerator! They really take care of their international staff. The house has a full living room and dining room, master bedroom with full bathroom, guest bedroom, office, kitchen, half bath, and tons of closet and dresser space in each room. The house comes fully furnished. This place is amazing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice welcome! It sounds like they're treating you like one of the family. Your house looks so inviting. Thanks for posting the pictures--it's hard to believe you're half across the world. (Wow!!) We can't wait to hear about the school.

Keep writing!
The Fullers

Fri Aug 11, 01:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there! I'm so glad you arrived safely, glad they're treating you well, and glad you're excited about the house!
Tell us about the people you're meeting: The other teachers, the servants, the merchants and students and anyone else out there! I'm looking forward to hearing about all of this!

--Janna

Fri Aug 11, 08:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, Your house is beautiful. How is the food? Do you need your winter coat? Are you drinking bottled water? You know this note must be from your mother. Love you.

Tue Aug 15, 07:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!!! I'm so glad your having a great time. It sounds like they are really treating you well. You make me so proud. When I was reading your blog I almost cried. Not joking. It made me feel so proud to know you. I still am proud. I'm So happy for you! The house looks and sounds amazing! Far cry from your house in Concord huh!

Take care of yourself.

Nathan S.

Sat Sep 16, 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home