Adventures in Addis

In August 2006 I began my adventure to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa. I was offered a position as the Director of Band and Choir for 5-12th grade students at the International Community School of Addis Ababa. Thought it might be a good idea to record my experiences here. I would not have done this journal without a tremendously great friend that I love dearly offering me the idea. Thanks Sadina. I hope you enjoy the journal. -Chris

My Photo
Name:
Location: Addis Ababa, Africa, Ethiopia

I am a professional percussionist and music educator. I started my performance career in 2000 and my education career in 2002. I am a pretty laid back guy. I work too much. Sometimes I get carried away with how much time I spend at work. But, I do enjoy myself every chance I get.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Debre Zeit



Today we went on a little trip southeast of Addis Ababa. It took us just over an hour to get to Debre Ziet. The trip was amazing. It was so nice to see the landscape and breathtaking scenery around the area.



The town is home to a series of crater lakes surrounded and intertwined with inactive volcanic landscape. It was so amazing. These pics are of the trip. That guy you see with me is Rob. He is the new school counselor from England. He is definitely a friend that I have made here that I definitely call brother.



There is a small group of us that all arrived together in which we have adopted each other. Rob and his wife Kathy, Jeordon and his wife Jennifer. We are a great group of family. I will post some other pics of them later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful stuff!
Keep blogging!

--JF

Sat Aug 12, 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

chris, this all looks so beautiful! i'm so glad you're blogging for those of us who are still state-side, and keeping us a part of your adventure!

Sun Aug 13, 05:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home