Adventures in Addis

In August 2006 I began my adventure to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa. I was offered a position as the Director of Band and Choir for 5-12th grade students at the International Community School of Addis Ababa. Thought it might be a good idea to record my experiences here. I would not have done this journal without a tremendously great friend that I love dearly offering me the idea. Thanks Sadina. I hope you enjoy the journal. -Chris

My Photo
Name:
Location: Addis Ababa, Africa, Ethiopia

I am a professional percussionist and music educator. I started my performance career in 2000 and my education career in 2002. I am a pretty laid back guy. I work too much. Sometimes I get carried away with how much time I spend at work. But, I do enjoy myself every chance I get.

Sunday, September 03, 2006


Hey everybody. Just so you know this is what I look like after 4 weeks of being in Addis. Nothing has changed...I am still the same person; I haven't become the king of Ethiopia or anything like that for the curious minds back in the States. I am sorry I have not been able to update in a while. Re-formatting a poorly organized music program is always challenging. Things are going well over here. I have lots of stuff to tell all of you. Many of you have been asking about the food and my mamite and many other things. I will try to update within the next few days.

"It takes courage to grow up the be the person you really are."
-e.e. cummings

2 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

You're alive!
How refreshing!
Thanks for the update.
It's wonderful to hear from you.
Keep blogging.
(Did you get any of the e-mails I've sent????)

Mon Sep 11, 01:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that quote. . .

Mon Sep 11, 01:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home