Adventures in Addis

In August 2006 I began my adventure to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa. I was offered a position as the Director of Band and Choir for 5-12th grade students at the International Community School of Addis Ababa. Thought it might be a good idea to record my experiences here. I would not have done this journal without a tremendously great friend that I love dearly offering me the idea. Thanks Sadina. I hope you enjoy the journal. -Chris

My Photo
Name:
Location: Addis Ababa, Africa, Ethiopia

I am a professional percussionist and music educator. I started my performance career in 2000 and my education career in 2002. I am a pretty laid back guy. I work too much. Sometimes I get carried away with how much time I spend at work. But, I do enjoy myself every chance I get.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentines Day!!!


On Valentines Day my choir students took their show around campus and shared some love (vocal love that is) with students who purchased singing telegrams. We serenaded many students on campus with the Parris hit "In the Still of the Night". The kids did a great job with this 4-part arrangement I wrote them. The best part about this situation is that they only had 4 rehearsals becuase we are in the midst of our concert season.



I am actually very impressed with these students. The choir is now at 34 students and we offically are in the SATB category with some new additions in personnel at the begininning of the semester.


They really got into it. They even incorporated some of their own unique dance moves.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Happy Valentine's Day! I am so proud of you. Thank you for teaching the children how to share your love and passion for music. I am quite sure there were many happy people in your school that day. Continue on! Let the world learn from you!
I love you. Mom

Tue Feb 20, 05:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Today is Fat Tuesday! So teach the children how to Second Line and party all day long. Mardi Gras in New Orleans! I miss home and all the great music and food. I know you will share your culture with Africa.
Love Mom

Tue Feb 20, 05:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home